COMMUNITY HEALTH DATA
Because the health needs of a community change over time.
Every three years, Transylvania Public Health works with partners throughout the county to conduct a Community Health Assessment (CHA). This process includes collecting information about current issues that affect health throughout the county from various published data sources as well as interviews with county residents and key community leaders. Then we work with the community to select the county’s top health priorities where we will focus improvement efforts during the next three years.
The final phase of the CHA process is developing a Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP) to identify measures, determine what actions we will undertake to improve that outcome. In western North Carolina, most counties publish their CHIP using an electronic scorecard, known as an “e-CHIP”.
- 2022 Transylvania County e-CHIP (to be published by September 2022)
During the second and third years of the process, we produce a State of the County Health (SOTCH) report, which details the progress made in the past year on implementing the CHIP action plans and improving our priority health outcomes.
- 2022 SOTCH (to be completed by March 2023)
- 2023 SOTCH (to be completed by March 2024)
Transylvania County’s CHIP and SOTCH updates are available using the web-based Scorecard platform, available here or embedded below.
To learn more about the CHA/CHIP/SOTCH process, contact our health educator at 828.884.1730.
Older CHA, CHIP, and SOTCH reports are available below, by date published:
•2020 SOTCH Scorecard
•2019 SOTCH Scorecard
•2019 Transylvania County e-CHIP
•2018 Community Health Assessment (CHA)
• 2018 CHA Executive Summary
• 2018 CHA Overview Handout
• 2014 State of the County Health (SOTCH) Report
• 2013 State of the County Health (SOTCH) Report
• 2013 Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP)
• 2012 Community Health Assessment (CHA)
• 2012 CHA Executive Summary
Additional data about Transylvania County’s health status is available from the following sources: